Old May 4th 09, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Neil Brooks

Default Mixed Emotions

On May 4, 5:51*am, "recycled" wrote:
*'You're not the only one... with mixed emotions...'

*Went for a two hour ride yesterday.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2788806

*Not too bad. Temp was about a high of 17C or so with a 20kmh wind out of
the West Northwest. As that was my outbound direction I was going uphill and
up wind on the outbound leg but mostly down and down coming back.

*The mixed emotions? Several SUV's pass with bikes loaded on. Now I try not
to get to high in my saddle and moralize

I'm not entirely sure that you succeeded ;-)

but it still irks me a little. Not
just carrying bike on autos but SUV's. Even the oil companies have come to
accept the facts of climate change.

*Oh well, it was still a pleasant ride.