Old January 1st 12, 12:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

Default bike paths

On 1/01/2012 9:31 AM, Zebee Johnstone wrote:
A filler in the Herald/Age today about bikepath behaviour
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/societ...231-1pgb8.html

Because of the times I travel (and probably the route I take) I don't
see many other cyclists and when I do they tend to be recreational not
commuter. And definitely not training types.

Is it something in the Melbourne water?

Mud you just have to look at the Yarra!

Or are there high speed Lycra Louts on paths in Sydney and I just
don't see 'em? perhaps because I'm not commuting to the city? (And
when I do I don't take paths I take roads)

The trainers usually travel in groups on the more open roads in outer
Sydney (Mascot area)

Was in Sydney the other day and there were not as many courier bikes
about, heaps of commuters riding across the swing bridge at darling
harbour.