Old December 7th 19, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Dropper posts for every bike?

Frank Krygowski writes:

On 12/4/2019 5:22 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/4/2019 4:12 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Andrew had an excellent tale bookmarked, a guy selling a
Campy bottom bracket by telling how it would make you
irresistible to the ladies.

When sending out a particularly beautiful Gunnar:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/gun0907a.jpg

I flippantly said, "Pretty bike, it's a chick magnet."

email from customer:
"Gunnar First Ride Report:
I got a ride in before the rain hit and it was AWESOME. Thank you so
much for guiding me through the process of getting this bike.
Brian
PS Andy was right apparently, it's a chick magnet. At a stop light
on my way home with it on top of my car, a woman rolled her window
down and chatted me up about the bike. Then asked if I'd want to
take a ride sometime and gave me her phone number?!?!!?!?!!!!"

I've told this before, but: Maybe 5 years ago I built up a nice,
custom Reynolds 531 frame into a 3 speed about-town bike. I used
almost entirely parts I had in my junk boxes. I did spend $7 for a set
of alloy upright handlebars, and a few bucks at Staples for a chrome
desktop wire basket, which I zip-tied onto my front Blackburn
rack. That's where packages go.

Anyway, not long after the bike was completed, I was riding it home
from the library. A gaggle of teenage girls on the sidewalk shouted
"We like your bike!" Then one of them said "It's sexy!"

I have no explanation for that.

You looked harmless.

Years ago, when I could still think of myself as young, and was actually
much younger than the dust-farting contingent here in rbt, I was walking
down the boulevard on the first really nice day of Spring. The sun was
shining, the breeze was warm, the girls were wearing their summer
clothes. When what to my wandering eyes should appear than a car full
of cute Puerto Rican girls, stopped at the light just before me. They
waved and smiled flirtatiously. I mentally patted myself on the back.
Then one of them spoke. She said "Hi, sir!".

Ooof. It's been pretty much downhill ever since.