Old October 5th 03, 02:06 PM
Deep Freud Moors

Default cleaning fun...(not)

With regards to your bearings, if they are well packed with grease,

getting
water in should not be a big problem. The primary purpose of the grease

is
not lubrication, but to keep dirt and water out.

You forgot noise! I hate the squeal of dry bearings.

I've never actually come across squeaky bearings as yet. Seen plenty of
completely stuff ones, that have corroded and still been ridden, but usually
they just grind.

But it's the sound of a dry chain just sends shivers up my spine. I can't
stand that. Once I got this guy to pull his bike over, and I oiled his chain
for him!
---
DFM