Old December 27th 05, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default "Share the road" signs -- who are we telling to share the road?

I think the problem is that some drivers interpret "share the road"
signs to mean "share the lane". When a motorist can't pass a bicycle
without getting out of the lane, motorist gets angry at the cyclist
for failing to "share the road".

Some drivers, not all drivers.

I'm upset with any vehicle that can't go the speed limit. If you can
keep you bike up to 75mph I have no problem with you. Otherwise keep
it to the shoulder or a road with a shoulder.

Eric