Old December 27th 07, 01:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mark williamson

Default Coker Discussion Thread

Ducttape wrote:
YAY!!! I have about a minutes worth of video testing my new helmet cam
on my coker I still haven't quite figured out how to mount it with the
least amount of wiggling so the helmet cam shots are really wiggly but
the camera is an ATC 2K from Oregon Scientific, and for anly about $100
it's a pretty good camera I can mount it on my helmet, my arm, my
unicycle practically anywhere and it records to an SD card.... pretty
nice waterproof up to 10 feet..... I'll have my video up soon as well
(there's snow in mine!!!)

Aha! That's awesome stuff I'm glad to hear that it's working for
you... I have just been given one for Christmas by my parents

The instructions say it's not shock-resistant though, so I'm thinking I
won't put it on the frame / handlebar of my coker mostly - I don't want
it to shake to bits.

I'm not really sure how seriously waterproof it is. It sounds like
it'll cope well with spray / rain / occasional drops in a puddle. But
the depths quoted on these things are often for "ideal" conditions and
you can't always get away with such a depth in "real life"... I'd love
to be able to use it to shoot footage under water but I'm not convinced
it'll stand up to that!

Please post vids of what you get out of this thing! I'll see if I can
get some footage out of my camera too - should be awesome.

--
mark williamson

Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
http://www.usenet.com