Old September 30th 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_5_]

Default Headset Install Gone Very Badly Wrong

On 09/29/2009 05:47 PM, RonSonic wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:34:34 -0700 (PDT), Frank
wrote:

On Sep 28, 10:34�pm, jim wrote:
On 09/28/2009 08:22 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:

... since the objective in our case was to increase the
diameter, it's pretty obvious that we were talking about the much more
common method!

you didn't know that you bull****ter.

jim, I suspect you've never designed something that needed to be
knurled. I suspect you've never miked a knurled surface to see the
effect on diameter. I suspect you've never operated a lathe (or other
machine tool) and knurled a surface yourself. I suspect you've never
taught others how to knurl a surface. But I've done all those.

Why not post only on topics with which you have real experience?
Aside from greatly improving the climate of rec.bicycles.* it would
save lots of bandwidth.

Frank, you bring up one of the Rules of the Internets. In any forum, almost
anyone who speaks of their actual experiences and observations has value.

except bull****ting krygowski who obviously hasn't.

Sometimes only an illustration of what can go wrong, but still useful.