Old August 8th 05, 10:25 PM
Tom Reingold

Default Need help - Reynolds 20-30 or 531?

Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
Dave wrote:

I have a couple of Raleighs from the 70's. One is a "Record Ace" and I
know that the tubing is Reynolds 20-30. The other is an unknown
Raleigh, because all of the decals are gone, except the "Made in
England" one.

1020, 2030, 2040 etc usually refes to the kind of steel, in this case
it would be high-tension steel with a relativly low content of cabon.
- no where near the quelety of ordinary cromo or Reynolds 531.

High tension is a relative term. 2030 was low tension compared with what
we would like to own, but they can say that because it basically means
"good quality" which can be anyone's estimation.

If you can post pictures, I have a good chance of identifying the model,
and I can even estimate the original selling price. I'm very familiar
with 1970's Raleighs.

--
Tom Reingold
Noo Joizy