Old November 15th 17, 06:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On 2017-11-14 16:15, jbeattie wrote:

Snipped
Some guys are pushing it too far. I passed a rider last week on a hill,
probably about 65, somewhat obese but lots of leg muscles. That didn't
sit well with him so he passed me and really stepped on it, telling me
"It's on, mate!". I decided not to give chase because he was really fast
and I carried some load. Up the hill where it leveled off I closed up
quickly and he looked totally exhausted. That can't be good.

"It's on mate"(?) What a dope. I would have gone out and bought an old Silca frame pump just so I could stick it in his front wheel. "Hey, wait here; I'll be right back." I pass people all the time and couldn't imagine saying "It's on mate." I'd sign up for Death with Dignity if I did that sort of thing.

Totally OT, but I was riding up on Skyline a few months back and ran into a group of guys I raced with 30 years ago -- including a guy who was a junior prodigy back in the '70s and was in USCF development camps with Andy Hampsten and Greg LeMond. He's now CEO of a national company. We just rode along, nobody trying to prove anything, talking about the good old days. My regular cohort is like that too, except we do race each other at very predictable points in the ride. I'm slowing, so my place is no longer assured. I've learned to be more strategic, and my friends have learned to wait.

-- Jay Beattie.

Then agsin nothing's normal in Joerg's world. Is that because it's an alcohol induced alternative-reality world? Many of his posts seem to support that.