Old November 25th 14, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: How to ride in ordinary pants

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:41:54 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Instead of all that, I simply use safety pins to pin my pants leg more
tightly around my ankle - or ankles, depending on how narrow the pants
legs are.

On last Friday's Tour d'Warsaw, I used only pins because there were
too many layers for garters to work. My pants rubbed on my knees even
though the two innermost layers were tights.

Not so I couldn't stand it, though. It helped, perhaps, that the
outermost layer was ripstop that slid easily over the sweat pants
underneath.

The pins left holes in the ripstop, so I'm going to have to think up
something else -- after I get through my three-page "to sew" list.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net