Old February 26th 18, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default The lone 26er in a forest full of 29ers and 27.5ers

I hate it when someone says "wow, I haven't seen skis/bikes/etc. like
that in a long time."

Yesterday went mountain biking in Wilder Ranch State Park north of Santa
Cruz http://oi66.tinypic.com/24y2x78.jpg.

I rode, my wife mostly walked her bike, a lovely 27.5er that she got
more than a year ago but had not yet ridden. For someone who barrels
down ski slopes, the same lack of fear did not translate to single track.

Waiting at one trail junction, someone commented, "wow you get extra
credit for doing this ride on an historic mountain bike."
http://www.mtbr.com/product/bikes/xc-hardtail/marin/bear-valley.html.

I can definitely see the upside of larger wheels after riding those trails.

Time to ban horses in parks. They leave a mess and they destroy the trails.