Old May 4th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Trouble's Coming

On May 4, 1:21*am, "Pat" wrote:
I've known the bike shop owner for nearly three years now and I've
never before seen her look so angry.

Methinks you should question your assumptions carefully...

Spell it out. What, exactly are you saying?

I'm in the shop's office right now having just spent the last thirty
minutes typing up a bilingual document clearly pointing out the eleven
mistakes I found in two small pages.

The spelling errors are almost acceptable. The number of spelling
errors and the lack of spelling errors on other documentation put out
by the same company as well as the missing punctuation, the sentence
that has been moved to the wrong location, and the sentence that was
printed twice can only lead one to believe one thing...

Which is that the saddle (which is no longer in the display case) is
about to get sent back to the distributors it came from and if the
manager doesn't get a VERY GOOD explanation for why they seem to have
ended up with something that looks suspiciously like a high end
counterfeit the distributor in question might find themselves losing a
lot of business.

There are many businesses (including non Chinese ones) I can easily
see mounting an anti-counterfeiting campaign while secretly selling
counterfeit goods. This shop is not one of them.

-M