Old January 10th 11, 07:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default folding bicycles

In aus.bicycle on Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:20:31 +1100
F Murtz wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:
"F wrote
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
On 9/01/2011 8:28 PM, F Murtz wrote:

What is the smallest and lightest folding cycle?
I mean proper usable ones.
The smallest folder is definitely the Brompton.
http://www.brompton.co.uk

Looks like just the thing,I bought a lotto ticket this week.

You asked for proper, usable, and small. $1800 ain't that bad. I paid more
than that for my commuter bike in 1987.

Theo

But it would buy a lot of bus fares between central and the key in
sydney (for a pensioner at $2.50 per day)

If you aren't going to ride far and you aren't in peak hour, then take
a normal bike not a folder. Or a cheap folder. They don't fold
small, they don't ride well, and they die relatively quickly but you
can get them for $300 on ebay.

If you want small and light you pay for it. So get used to buses...

Zebee