Old November 6th 12, 10:36 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default A Cure for Violence?

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:44:48 AM UTC-8, Blackblade wrote:
I would be interested in hearing a real narrative ... but I guess you won't provide one since your testimony in court probably lead to the battery conviction.

I already did. I guess you don't like hearing the (inconvenient) truth.

No, you haven't. All you have posted is that everyone lied and that "the biker ran into me".

That is simply a denial ... which, as I said, I am highly disinclined to believe given that a court of law found you unconvincing as a witness.

Also, given your testimony (as reported by Peter Frick-Wright - just to be clear on sources) was that you intentionally moved into the biker's path any subsequent collision would be viewed, by most reasonable people, as being caused by you. As I said earlier, given that you are a private citizen you are not permitted to physically contact anyone ... irrespective of whether they should have been riding on the trail or not.

I think this cuts to the core of the matter; you think that because bikes are not permitted on the trail that your actions in trying to prevent such access are justified. However, as you are a private citizen, the law holds that you may not physically contact or restrain other citizens and, to do so, makes you guilty of battery. I could be wrong, given that I only have your simple claims of 'they all lied' and Peter Frick-Wright's reporting of your testimony, but absent anything else this is what I surmise.

So, would you care to elaborate and actually provide something interesting ... or are you going to retreat back to assertions without any facts to back them up. Which does seem to be your normal style.

If you know the traffic law (pedestrians have the right of way), then you know that the biker was at fault for DELIBERATELY running into me (because he didn't want to hear that he was there illegally). It's not brain science. You just refuse to believe because you don't want to. Obviously, the jury is irrelevant, since they weren't there. Nor were you. No HONEST person would claim to know what happened, given that they weren't there. Mountain bikers are not honest. Every one of them lied under oath.