Old October 11th 17, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

Default UK cyclists kill or maim two people a week

On 11/10/2017 09:01, TMS320 wrote:
On 10/10/17 23:48, Nick wrote:
On 10/10/2017 22:21, TMS320 wrote:

Per distance traveled push bikes and cars cause quite similar levels
of death to pedestrians but

Pedestrian casualties per vehicle-distance is not a useful metric no
matter how much the tables try to break it down.

What is or isn't a useful metric all depends on the question it is
intended to answer.

To know how far vehicles can be driven before a pedestrian is hurt, the
best question I can think of is to ask whether a spreadsheet is capable
of doing long division.

I would expect a spreadsheet to use cpu (fpu?) microcode. I'm pretty
sure they don't use long division but use a faster algorithm for division.