Old February 7th 05, 07:20 AM
Bob Mc Corkle

Default I prefer...

"TimC" wrote in message
The cold rainy miserable version of summer we were having. Could we
have it back, please Brisbane?

Been down to Kooyong station recently? On the way back from
yesterday's ride, I thought "that looks kind of odd - I didn't think
the yarra was that wide, nor up here. And that cricket score board
sure is placed in an odd place on the edge of a river. Oh look! The
tennis courts are under water too!". Sure is a lot of water there...

try the bike path past kooyong and St Kevins. St Kevins looks like a man
made lake. And they are pumping it out with what looks like two large garden
hoses. Don't think it will be finished for the end of the football season at
the current rate. Kooyong seems to be doing a little better, though its
still a lake.

Of course Scotch College had a higher levy bank than everyone else and were
hardly affected.