Old January 10th 09, 11:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Default America's Got Talent Looking for Unicyclists

tholub;1167792 wrote:
Columbia spent $385 million on sales and marketing in the past year;
about 25% of their total budget. Either:

1) Call them up and tell them they could save $385 million by using the
brilliant Goats On Unicycles marketing plan, or,

2) Go learn something and call us back when you have a clue.

They spent $385 million? Hopefully Dan got at least $1 mil, because
thats the only thing I remember about them from last year.

I think the advertising with big companies works more subliminally than
it does consciously. Though, I don't really see why companies such as
coke really need to advertise anything. Is anyone in the western world
not at least vaguely familiar with them?

As Jackie said, just because they spent a lot of money certainly
doesn't mean they know best. If they really knew what they were doing
I'm sure they could get by without wasting so much money. They are
marketing towards the average person, not rich CEOs. Wouldn't we have a
slightly better idea if its working on us than they do?

Maybe Tholub works for Columbia and that's why hes getting worked up.
He sure seems to know so much about it.

Spencer, if you get on the air be sure to give a T-Spen shout out!

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *3D Unicycle Computer Game**
- Follow the 'progress.' (http://www.projectuni.com)

*'Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!'
(http://www.zazzle.com/BrianOleyUni*)* All products are my personal
photography. *Seven* items so far and more to come! * New Poster *