Old June 16th 11, 04:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
F Murtz[_2_]

Default 2 punctures in one ride

terryc wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

Hm, now that you mentioned them, I had a google and, of cos, they are
available. I have always known of solid tyres on forklifts and those
solid forklift tyres weigh more than a few grams

at one stage a few decades ago someone promoted the idea of filling the
tyre with expanding foam. The idea being no punctures. Major problem was
low speed limitations, like 30kms/hr. i suspect the other problem was
recovery cycles were too low as I never saw it on the market.

used to fill them with grass during the depression.