Old December 7th 12, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Bicycling and Divorce

"John B." wrote in message
[...]

I don't know. I've been married twice and to be frank, bicycle riding

was never a problem in either marriage. I currently ride about 20 Km
in the mornings, several times a week, and on Sunday do a 4 - 5 hour
"long ride" and my wife has never complained.

However, in both marriages there was always a bike available if the

wife wanted to ride so it was always a matter of "if you want to
come".

And on the other hand, I don't know why a bloke would be married and

NOT want to take his wife on his vacation :-)

" I think separate vacations are almost always a sign of trouble ahead." -
Ed Dolan

You are just going for daily rides that would not be considered a
separation. She is probably glad to get you out of the house for a few
hours. The guys I am talking about would leave their wives for several weeks
at a time in order to engage in a bicycle safari. Very risky business if you
ask me!

" I think separate vacations are almost always a sign of trouble ahead." -
Ed Dolan

Ed Dolan the Great