Old March 19th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gkmac

Default Milton Keynes ride, Pictures, Videos and writeups!

As Edd mentioned I spent most of the day filming with my digital camera
(I really oughta get a proper video camera that can zoom and has decent
battery life) and got plenty of stuff together. I should be able to
make a video, I've already got some ideas for presentation and a
soundtrack.

Good things

- Meeting Edd again, and getting to meet AJ and Leo and the crew
properly (I saw them at BUC, but never got to talk to them then).
- Meeting a young BMX rider who knew how to unicycle, even jumping
and dropping stuff.
- Getting everyone to idle at the same time. Somewhat ridiculous for
a trials meet...
- Everyone being nice, friendly and sociable, even though I hardly
did anything daring, except...
- Riding down a set of four large steps on my muni!

Bad things

- Completely forgetting how I rode down those steps, with various
bruises trying to remember why.
- Not being able to make Saturday's muni, I would have enjoyed that.
- The extremely variable weather, and strong winds.
- Lack of public conveniences anywhere.
- My satnav saying "cross the roundabout, second exit" at least ten
times. That's Milton Keynes for you!

--
gkmac

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, take the pictures." - tomblackwood
"As it only hurts when you walk, will you be riding everywhere now?" -
mikepenton
"gkmac... what are we going to do with you." - Chexjc
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577