Old February 2nd 04, 03:14 AM
Doug Purdy

Default Chicago Bike Commute Pictures

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
s.com...
I've posted a set of pictures taken on my bicycle commute from

Glenview to
Chicago at my home page:

http://hometown.aol.com/mikekr/myhomepage/index.htm

Nice pics Mike. At 18.5 miles I guess that's the scenic route and some
of it certainly seems like it.

It's also nice to have the option of just pedalling your legs off for
part of a commute. Do the stop lights on Elston allow that or are they
all random "sync" like on my routes? While some major streets allow me
to get a good pedal, some residential streets are even better, partly
because at a stop sign I don't have to hang around like at a light.

Beware the cheap haircut place. I tried some for a long time but finally
gave up on them after 2 bad experiences. First an Asian guy whose
English I couldn't understand finished the cut and then took out his
razor to trim the edges. He pointed at my beard and sideburns and
jabbered a question. After several attempts to understand I just smiled
and noded, whereupon he shaved a 1 inch gap between my sideburns and my
beard. Good thing I usually wear my beard very short. It almost looked
ok by Monday.

I'm convinced the second guy was an Al Queda (sp?) sleeper. He attached
a big funnel-like nose to his clippers and holding the clippers by the
electrical cord, cut my hair by wildly swinging the clippers back and
forth. Never again!

Doug
For email, a sense of wonder.