Old October 5th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

Default McNerd's McProgress, or lack thereof

From reading your descriptions of your riding I thought the video would
look alot worse than it does! I don't think you are doing badly at all.
I agree that the fence is the biggest problem. I would suggest
starting from a point where you have a solid object to hold on to but
where there is nothing to hold on to after that. The curb start forces
you to learn some mounting and riding at the same time, harder I think,
not to mention that there is usually a rough spot where the gutter meets
the road.

One other thing I noticed is that the fence seems to keep you from
moving forward as quickly as you will need to go without the fence. Not
that you have to go very fast, but the fence keeps you from getting any
forward momentum. When you start practicing without the fence you will
probably have to focus on leaning just a touch further forward to get
moving. Set a little marker at the point of your longest ride, then
focus on getting past that point. That way your mind is on where you
are going and not on where you are now.

You know you're going to get it. You've obviously got the necessary
stubbornness.

Kurt

--
zogola