Old May 7th 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Adjusting helmet

On May 6, 1:43*pm, wrote:
Hello Everyone. I dug my old bike out of my parents attic after about
10 years of no use. I'm gaining weight and have really missed the joy
rides that stopped ever since I've owned a car. I'm more concerned
about safety than when I used to ride. *I ordered a gyro helmet. The
standard won't even go on my head so I had to pick up the larger
size.

Trying to get this thing adjusted is really ****ing me off. *No matter
what I do I can still move the helmet up on my forehead. I'm not sure
exactly how snug these things should be. I have the y just under my
ear. I'm a person that can't stand wearing any kind of hat so this
helmet feels like torture. I hope that even if it moves around a bit
it will still do some good. I have it tight enough that it can't come
off my head obviously Fitting these is way more complicated than I
thought. Pull a strap the wrong way and its to tight or loose on the
other side.

I hope you bought a helmet with the easy to adjust rear part (the part
that holds the occiputal part of the skull). If not, get rid of the
one you have and get one of those. It makes helmet adjusting very
much easier, almost foolproof.