Old January 11th 18, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default handlebar

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 4:46:01 PM UTC, Frank Krygowski wrote:

But unlike aluminum ones, stainless steel bars are
very rare, if not nonexistent.

Here you go, Franki-boy. First link that comes up on Google throws out a whole lot of stainless steel handlebars offered on Ebay, and since I had Scharfie's favorite page open, here's a bunch of stainless handlebars you can buy in bulk to set yourself up as a bling dealer --
https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/sta...andlebars.html
-- or buy just one on Aliexpress to educate yourself.

I chuckled at your "non-existent" stainless steel bars. It's so dumb, nobody will believe it. I have two stainless steel handlebars on bikes in the loft, and probably more in boxes of components. One I chose from the Humpert catalogue to be fitted to my Utopia Kranich as a temporary measure just to see how I liked something different from my normal North Road Bars. In Europe Humpert bars are the mainstream for upscale bikes, and they're nutters for testing components. If they list stainless bars, you may be absolutely certain there is nothing wrong with stainless bars.

You should check your facts, Franki-boy.

Andre Jute
Always happy to help

PS The Humpert catalogue also comes in English if you don't speak German.