Old September 27th 18, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

Default Buy that wheelbuilder a drink!

On 27/09/2018 11:59 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 10:52:11 -0000 (UTC), Duane
wrote:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/24/21/4517082-6202141-One_man_was_spotted_in_despair_after_his_car_was_b adly_damaged_b-a-200_1537819759698.jpg

The tire doesn’t look flat to me. Not even on the bottom.

Try looking at the original Daily Mail photo. Here's a 4X enlargement
of the tire contact area:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/fixie-crunch-02.jpg
It might not be flat, but rather the weight of the vehicle might be
pushing down on the rear wheel. Or, it might be an indication of a
Photoshop edit. The tire doesn't look quite right to be a flat tire,
which would show parts of the tire pushed outward to both sides of the
contact area. However, I'm not familiar with that style of rim, so I
don't know how the tube and tire will act when flat.

Looks more like an uneven road section in this picture.