Old October 20th 18, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default those darned NYC cyclists again

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:22:22 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:

Pretty much all approved chronograph mechanical watches are hand
finished. It's what defines them from the 100USD Citizen on my wrist
which has a short term accuracy of a few hundred milliseconds a day, and
a long term accuracy, of, well, errmmm, the same :-) Well, tbf, it's
around a second in a million years, but an upgrade is in the offing.

You're not thinking like an engineer. What you want is something
totally unique. I suggest that you paint the hands of the watch on
your wrist with electrochromic paint. To activate the hands, run a
flat ribbon flex PCB under your wrist and up your arm to where the
electronics are hidden. It's not quite an implant but at a minimum,
building one should get your photo in some of the industrial design
magazines.

Drivel: A while ago, I watched the movie Dr Strange, which seems to
have several rather blatant plugs for the benefit of the wris****ch
industry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kf6xa2mkBk
Does anyone on the planet really own a drawer full of luxury watches?
Later in the movie, Dr Strange is consumed his entire fortune and
appears somewhere in Nepal. He is accosted by a local street mugger,
who attempts to steal his wris****ch. Dr Strange then says something
like, "No, not the watch. It's all I have left". The implication is
that a wrist watch is very important to him. That should be
sufficient to inspire a generation of teenagers to collect wrist
watches.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D