Old October 20th 18, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default those darned NYC cyclists again

On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 12:53:03 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 11:22:22 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:

Pretty much all approved chronograph mechanical watches are hand
finished. It's what defines them from the 100USD Citizen on my wrist
which has a short term accuracy of a few hundred milliseconds a day, and
a long term accuracy, of, well, errmmm, the same :-) Well, tbf, it's
around a second in a million years, but an upgrade is in the offing.

You're not thinking like an engineer. What you want is something
totally unique. I suggest that you paint the hands of the watch on
your wrist with electrochromic paint. To activate the hands, run a
flat ribbon flex PCB under your wrist and up your arm to where the
electronics are hidden. It's not quite an implant but at a minimum,
building one should get your photo in some of the industrial design
magazines.

Drivel: A while ago, I watched the movie Dr Strange, which seems to
have several rather blatant plugs for the benefit of the wris****ch
industry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kf6xa2mkBk
Does anyone on the planet really own a drawer full of luxury watches?
Later in the movie, Dr Strange is consumed his entire fortune and
appears somewhere in Nepal. He is accosted by a local street mugger,
who attempts to steal his wris****ch. Dr Strange then says something
like, "No, not the watch. It's all I have left". The implication is
that a wrist watch is very important to him. That should be
sufficient to inspire a generation of teenagers to collect wrist
watches.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Sorry Jeff, you're not thinking of an engineer of today. Microchips can be implanted under the skin in a space so small that they would be invisible. They could run on body heat which also would provide the police with a very close approximation of the time of death should that driver pass too close..

I do like the electrochromic paint though I would make it digital hands. This also allows you to connect with the readout via your smartphone for any number of things such as your heart rate and even brain wave pattern via the wrist nerve endings.