Old October 24th 18, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Settled Science?

On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 7:59:59 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 7:27:43 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 14:44:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

My favorite was the US Federal Weather station that was
placed directly in the exhaust of a building air conditioner.

Ummm... like this wx station mounted on top of the HVAC units?
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/KSBW-WX-Station.jpg
It's the weather station for the Santa Cruz sales office for KSBW. I'm
told it isn't used for forecasting or data collection.

All of your local NOAA stations are up in the mountains -- Ben Lomond, above Los Gatos, La Honda.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/findstation

-- Jay Beattie.

Do you have that wild-eyed look in your face as you're trying to pass this sort of crap off? EVERY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT contains a Federal weather station. In case you're unaware of it, temperature, atmospheric pressure, wind speed and wind direction are important. Most cities contain weather stations that meet Federal standards and that too is added to the temperature and wind records.

Tell me, are you preying that the world is going to end like the environmentalists are doing?