Old September 17th 19, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Article about SRAM in Forbes

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 17:35:03 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/17/2019 2:21 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 9:19:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:

I hope to replace the Mirage front derailleur and Mirage Ergo levers with 9-speed Veloce ones only because the Veloce are all silver and then I'd have a full 9-speed groupset on that bike.

OK. As long as you know you are doing the change for completely aesthetic reasons. For performance, there ain't no difference. I have Record, Chorus, Centaur, Veloce, and a Mirage part or two on 9 and 10 speed bikes. No difference in performance.

+1

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

That's why I bought the Mirage components in the first place. IIRC there was about $100.00 CDN difference between the Mirage and Veloce Ergos but the innards were identical. I forget what the difference in cost between the Mirage and Veloce front derailleur was but I do remember it was fairly substantial.

Cheers