Old March 12th 05, 11:54 PM
Zoot Katz

12 Mar 2005 13:40:53 -0800,
.com,
wrote:

Hi,

I've just got a broken spoke on the rear wheel of my hybrid bike.
The wheel is slightly not true -- it was not like this before.
Would replacing the broken spoke be enough? Or the wheel would
heve to be trued?

Thanks.

Andy

It will most likely need to be trued. Replacing one spoke and bringing
it up to tension isn't the easiest job if you don't already know the
principles of wheel building.

If it's the stock machine-built wheel, it probably needs to be
tensioned and stress-relieved all around unless your LBS took the time
to do that before delivering the bike. Get them to do the front too.
--
zk