Old August 9th 18, 08:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Sunscreen for bicycling

On 8/9/2018 3:37 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 6:13:10 AM UTC+2, news18 wrote:
On 09/08/18 10:05, bob prohaska wrote:
Does anybody have suggestions for sunscreen to wear while bicycling?
I've been using a stock of TopCare SPF30, but it's running out and I
don't particularly like the odor and texture of the stuff.

Something non-greasy, so it won't crud up clothes, and easily washed
off after a ride would be desirable. It only needs to last a couple hours.

Thanks for reading, and any ideas.

No recommendation to brand, but do you really need to wear so much of it.
Here in Australia, max I ever applied was nose, tips of ears and in
summer; behind the knees. If you're riding regularly into spring, your
skin just tans slightly over time with out the burn of a rare sunny day.

The only person I met for who this wasn't sufficent was albine(not PC),
wh wore long cottons for 3 seasons ans stayed indoor for Summer.

It is not only about preventing a sun burn but also to prevent skin cancer.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN10F2ID

--
- Frank Krygowski