Old August 15th 17, 07:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 22:00:57 -0400, Frank Krygowski

On 2017-08-14 09:56, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 12:05:04 PM UTC-4,
wrote: Snipped
The entire trouble in California is the excessive taxation. The
Federal government is nearly as bad.

Snipped
You want business growth in the US - stop preventing it by
excessive taxation. Here they have added an addition tax every year
for the last three years to "fix the roads" and still haven't done
anything more than patched them in the most egregious places.

Got to pay for all that bicycling infrastructure planning and
building somehow. Bicyclist aren't going to pay it just themselves.
Thus others re forced to chi; in via taxes.

We pay over $4k/year just in property taxes. That is about 10 (ten!)
times more than what we paid for a house of similar value in Europe.
And yes, I do expect something in return for that much money. Such as
bike paths.

You complain a lot about America. Why not move back to Europe?

Since November I am not complaining too much :-)

When one has lived in several countries one can compare and try to bring
some of the better ideas to the new place. America has some major
upsides versus Europe such as better fostering of free enterprise (on
the federal level, not the Californian level)

So the only major upside of America you mention doesn't exist in
California? But you chose to live in California?

You're not sounding brilliant, Joerg.

Given that the Virgin Group (net worth 5 - 5.5 billion Sterling,
estimated in 2014) started with Richard Branson selling bootleg
records out of the trunk of his car, it doesn't sound like a business
is too difficult to get going in Europe.
--
Cheers,

John B.