Old March 16th 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Edward Dolan

Default Ed Dolan & Melanie

"James" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
Thank God for Gluck and Mozart who got us away from this kind of
vocalizing. Gluck reformed opera which badly needed reforming because of
types like Handel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1B85UQT4AY

God gave Rock 'n' Roll too [to] you.

http://www.elyrics.net/read/k/kiss-l...ou-lyrics.html

But he didn't save Freddie Mercury, the King of Queen(s).

All of pop music including rock is just one step above nursery rhymes for
children. In fact, it is more poetry than music. I prefer strictly
instrumental music where I do not have to bother with an idiotic lyric. It
is why opera is inferior to concert hall music. A good compromise are
foreign songs where the lyric remains forever a mystery. That way at least
you can concentrate on the music.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka