Old July 20th 18, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Making America into Amsterdam

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 12:39:10 PM UTC-4, duane wrote:
On 18/07/2018 12:03 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
Duane writes:

On 17/07/2018 6:46 PM, Joerg wrote:

In the US we have a much nastier habit among weight weenie cyclists
who probably find the weight of a paper tissue unbearable. So they
don't carry any. When the nose gets plugged they press a finger
against one side and let off a "snot rocket", then against the other
for missile #2. I was almost hit by one when pulling out to pass a
cyclist. It's disgusting.

Yes, I'm sure it's the weight of the tissue that prevents these
cyclists from using them. Maybe it's some guy coming up behind them
with the tunes blaring and the bright headlight that invokes this
behavior...

I would much rather see the occasional tiny blob of snot on the road
instead of blowing tissues. How and from where does one fish a dry
tissue when riding along? Think of the trees, for God's sake.

Yeah, but you don't live "out there" where things get really hairy.
You're probably only riding in the pacific traffic on Comm Ave...

Many times I think that Joerg sits at a brew pub and dreams up his scenarios that he posts here. Geeze, even in Northern Ontario, Canada off road touring on my MTB with 40 lbs or so of gear I don't have near the problems he has.

Cheers