Old July 8th 03, 12:25 PM
Stephen Baker

Default Hardtail Advice

Hosh says:

I can take
my better brand bike and have it put together or fine tuned later and have a
great bike, your way, you still have a piece of junk.

That's fine for real he-man mountain-bikers like you, Hosh, but for us mere
mortals who can't ride wide, plush. springy saddles, we prefer to take the bike
back to the place it was bought for the (probably) FREE tune-ups provided by
them on the basis that you will purchase a new springy seat while you wait for
the work to be done.

Steve "rigid ass-hatchet bike, still goes back for free tune-ups 3 years after
purchase....."