Old February 26th 05, 06:01 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky

I am looking for feedback from anyone else who has ridden the new crop
of performance/comfort bikes. I am looking at the Specialized Roubaix,
Trek Pilot and Klein Reve and would consider any others that I might be
overlooking.

Pat: If the fit is right, the Klein Reve might just be the ticket. I've put
a number of miles on one, and it's as close to the "killer app" (for ride
comfort and performance combo) that I've tried. I really think they got that
one right; makes a lot more sense than trying to do something funny with the
tubes. Best thing is to take one for a test ride.

My personal observations can be found at
http://www.chainreaction.com/revvedupklien.htm. It might not be the easiest
bike to find though, as Klein availability is somewhat limited (both in
production and number of dealers). Plus, you may have to get past people at
shops who really don't understand the bike (because they haven't ridden
one).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking for feedback from anyone else who has ridden the new crop
of performance/comfort bikes. I am looking at the Specialized Roubaix,
Trek Pilot and Klein Reve and would consider any others that I might be
overlooking.

Thanks

Pat