Old January 5th 06, 04:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default No Helmets Needed?

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
[...]
People have been safely cycling without helemts for well over a century on
a routine basis, it isn't the certain route to brain damage or death often
painted.
Wear one if you like, but I must say I've enjoyed my cycling a lot more
since I found out how necessary they aren't and stopped wearing one.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Pete has fallen on his head too many times and is now as screwed up as his
signature. Folks who go cycling without wearing SOMETHING on their heads
look like the jerks and dorks that they are. Since you have to wear
something on your head, it might as well be a helmet. And who knows, it
might just save your life some day.

Listen to old Pete here and you will end up posting a signature like he does
and babbling about being a Medical Physics IT Officer. There is just no way
this idiot can possibly be connected with a university. I strongly suspect
he is the janitor there and is just using their computer for some free
Internet access.

Do any of us here really need to know his phone number (with extension no
less) and his fax number? If he wants to tell us that he is from Dundee,
Scotland, that is fine and all we would ever have to know about him. But he
is crazy - and you listen to him at your peril.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota