Old August 23rd 04, 09:26 PM
Mike

Default Proceed with caution, but have some fun

Recently a thread on this group provided some very helpful information
for identifying scam bike ads. That made it easy to spot a brand new
one on roadbikereview.com classifieds, for a $1200 Trek 5200 whose
size was listed as "120oclv." When I asked the seller what size the
bike REALLY is, I received this reply:

Dear sir
The bike it's brand new told my how much you want too pay and want
size you need.We are a Company and we have all size for sell.
Regards

I responded that I was looking for a Trek Psoriasis with solid
titanium saddle bearings, in a 75cm, and where could I pick it up?

Unfortunately, he replied, they only have that bike in a 60cm. I am
truly disappointed.

Mike