Old October 11th 04, 02:48 AM
Mitch Haley

Matt O'Toole wrote:

How about an electric one? I've ridden the Oxygen, and I was very impressed.
Domino's Pizza is using them for delivery in Europe, and will be in the US soon
too:

http://www.evworld.com/view.cfm?sect...le&storyid=757

Well, that looks as useful as a Honda Spree, which is better than
some e-bikes.

I was thinking about how neat it would be to build a brushless
motor/generator into the front hub. Even a relatively lightweight
50 watt/hr battery could give a noticeable boost to your commuting
speed, and the motor would double as a generator for your headlight
if the battery ran down. Getting decent efficiency from the motor
at 200-400rpm might be a challenge.
Mitch.