Old October 18th 03, 05:27 PM
Doug

Default Trek 5200 Tire Recommendations

Try the contis. The all-season are pretty durable. When you switch the
tires, be sure to sheck the rimstrips. You may wish to replace them. I
prefer the plastic michelin stirps to the velox strips, but either will work
if installed properly. Also, check the eyelts to see if any of the spokes
are pushing through too much.

you may also want to go a bit wider with your tires. use 700- 23 tires at a
minimum in the rear. I hgenerally use them on front and rear. In the
winter, In use a 25c tire i the rear.

Finally, inflate your tires before every ride. I like the contis because I
can even overinflate them slightly -- to about 135 lbs. The ride is a bit
harsher (which is fine with a larger tire), but they don't puncture as
easily.
"David" wrote in message

Hi Group,

I'm looking for suggestions on new tires to put on my 5200. I was getting
way too many flats with the stock tires. Don't know if it's because of the
tires or just some seriously bad luck, but I was thinking changing tires
would help. I'll be doing some long distance riding in a few weeks touring
through some of the southern states. Any suggestions on some good tires to
put on for the ride? Thanks!

David