Old December 14th 05, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default general question about bicycle specs

wade writes:

I am curious what others think about a good all-round bicycle for
touring.

snip

If I decide to get a replacement, I'm wondering what is currently
available and what I should be looking for?

Well, if you like that bike I'd say keep it! However, if I was
looking for a loaded touring bike, I'd look at the Bruce Gordon BLT.
I don't think there's a better deal in "real" touring bikes.

http://www.bgcycles.com/blt.html

And if you wanted to spend money, then a Bruce Gordon custom...

Another good alternatve might be the Rivendell Atlantis:

http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/htm...tisframes.html