Old February 1st 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.renewable
Bill Baka

Default "Humans 'very likely' making earth warmer" is wrong

Arnold Walker wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
. net...
donquijote1954 wrote:
Hey, that I knew. What is missing in this report though is who among
humans are to blame. See, NOT ALL HUMANS POLLUTE: some drive Stupid
Unnecessary Vehicles while others ride bicycles.

Now you sucked me in. ALL humans pollute just by breathing and exhaling
CO2, and 6 billion plus pollute a lot.
If they would stop destroying the rain forest there would be trees and
vegetation to recycle the CO2. Add to that that burning the rain forest
makes CO2 and you have 2 bads and no good

Now that we have defined 2% of the total CO2 emission as a lot .....
What are we going to call the other 98%

You missed the point I was trying to make, albeit my argument was a bit
flawed. 6 billion people not only breathing but trying to get to a
higher standard of living which means they will be using fossil fuel or
burning whatever to power their newly acquired toys. Only about a
billion, maybe more, maybe less, have cars but as that changes upward we
will have that much more. And don't forget that all these people will
want electricity to power their newly acquired cars, televisions, etc.
snip
That's all from me.
Too many threads and groups on this subject.
Bill Baka