Old May 18th 07, 04:06 AM posted to alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,misc.transport.urban-transit
Mr.Cool [Defender of Cities]

Default Anyone for bikes and small cars?

On May 17, 7:08 pm, "George Conklin"
wrote:
"Mr.Cool [Defender of Cities]" wrote in oglegroups.com...

On May 17, 12:34 pm, donquijote1954
wrote:
On May 16, 11:46 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

donquijote1954 wrote:

Didn't you say you were leaving Usenet? (Or at least the cycling
newsgroups?)

I said "stop biking" as a way of getting around, but I guess I'm not
alone in screaming that we are discriminated against. Things good
though are happening in Paris that I doubt wil ever happen in this
country. I guess our politicians are looking for the wrong issues,
which regrettably mobilize the sheep...

--How about a Congress and President with guts enough to push for
small, economical cars, and penalizing the whoppers?--

It makes sense but I don't see even the most liberal candidates
talking about real solutions for the real world. The issues are at
hand turn me off...

Hillary: gender

Obama: race

and the rest are for those who don't have real solutions either but
are against gays, abortion, etc. Anyone for bikes and small cars?

Biking is good all around. It saves you money with the lack of gas
needed to ride a bike,
it gets you in better shape and benifits your health, and a bike is
just more fun to ride
then a car. Even if you are a hard core conservative you still can
agree that not using
gas is good for the environment.

Outhouses are also great for the environment.

O good one George! Great show!