Old July 23rd 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Jens Müller

Default Can you make it to the market on a bike?

Edward Dolan wrote:

I will NEVER drive my car in town. I use it strictly for going to other
towns in the vicinity. You can go anywhere in this town of Worthington,
Minnesota (12,000 pop.) in 15 minutes by bicycle at the most. Why the hell
would anyone except an idiot want to drive these very small distances. And
yet, EVERYONE does!
[...]

And that probably is when you are what in German is called (ok, only by
some cycling activists) a "Torkelradler" - someone who's driving so slow
he can't drive in a nearly straight line.