Old February 20th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,alt.autos,misc.transport.urban-transit
donquijote1954

Default Reckless, Aggressive Drivers: Homegrown Terrorists

(other people say)

I've been saying for years that criminal drivers are the real
terrorists. Your chances of being killed or maimed by a speeder or
DUI are a thousand times greater than by some mad bomber. Americans
are such idiots for buying into this arab terrorism crap.

My family have been a victim of both. I had a cousin killed on 9/11, and his
father was killed by a mindless driver who ran a red-light. I only have to
know that the first one exists. The second, I have to worry about, and watch
for on a daily basis. Especially when I'm traveling on 2 wheels.

That's my point. Most of us have never been endangered by a terrorist
but we are endangered by by criminal drivers every day. And yet which
is the idiot american most concerned with.?

Exactly right. The statistics won't lie: 3,000 at the Towers (a one
time event) vs. 40,000 on the road every year, of which 25,000 could
be saved if we were to have the safety rates of Sweden.

Yet people are told that the issue is terrorism and not road
terrorism. They take the picture of your *** going through the
airport, but fail to put a speed camera at troublesome spots. It's
like they don't care...