Old February 21st 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.planning.urban,alt.autos,misc.transport.urban-transit
Jack May

Default Reckless, Aggressive Drivers: Homegrown Terrorists

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Jack May wrote:
"donquijote1954" wrote in message

How will this prevent the cagers from squishing cyclists, pedestrians and
animals? Will all of the latter have to be equipped with transponders?

Probably. I think we are talking about a single chip. Since most people
carry a cell phone with them these day with location electronics, maybe the
law requires a transponder capability like the law now require location to
be determined by each cell phone for 911 responses.

If motor vehicles are developed that will not hit each others, that will
make the cagers even more careless about cyclists and pedestrians.

We are heading to the where the car will not be able to easily hit anything
with a transponder, including people and pets. The car will automatically
brake for example to keep from hitting a child that runs out into the road.
That should not be hard once transponders become common.

Congress people really want the capability for "zero deaths" on the road
that they can brag about pushing when running for reelections. Zero death
is probably impossible even though we are getting near that for large
passenger jets.