Old March 31st 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
DennisTheBald

Default Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic?

On Mar 31, 3:35 pm, "Nigel Randell" wrote:
Perhaps when gas is $10 a gallon, drivers will start to see us in a
different light.

Don't hold your breath on that. It's up to $8.50/gallon equivalent here
(UK) and it hasn't made any real difference to attitudes. The vast majority
of drivers are as careful as they ever were and there's a very small, but
persistent, number of complete idiots.

--

Nigel

I've been there. It was my observation that on the whole the freaking
idiots over there are much nicer than the freaking idiots over here,
but I was pretty much just about town and not out in the country.
Freaking idiots abound, to paraphrase a long dead leader of the
USofAliens; God must love them as he made so many of 'em.

Over there I frequently saw bicyclists wearing normal clothes, over
here the assumption is that unless they're wearing spandex they must
be an undocumented worker. I guess maybe there is a immigration
problem there too? I did note a French language channel on the tele.