Old March 31st 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic?

On Mar 31, 5:48 pm, "Vito" wrote:

But I think it also has to do with HATE. Yeah, they hate that other
people remain free and healthy ....

Free and healthy my ass! What we hate is groups of cyclists bored with the
many bikes and trails people like me paid for who ride 3 or 4 abreast at 20
mph blocking a 55mph highway. That's why "jousting" is so popular - y'know
a couple good old boys in the back of a pickup with 2x4s looking for
cyclists to put in the ditch. So much for free and healthy ....

Well, I 'm not talking about those hardcore cyclists, but about the
little guy doing the right thing by riding a bike around. And while
jousting is not done with 2x4s, it can easily be accomplished with the
bumpers.

Drivers envy motorcyclists because they remain free, and hate cyclists
because they are healthy and free --and slow them down.