Old June 13th 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Jeff Liebermann

Default Where is the Attempted Murder Charge?

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 18:52:28 -0700, Winston
wrote:
I remember seeing a rear bumper on a bicycle many
years ago. I thought it looked kinda whimpy but now I
see the wisdom of it. I don't know if it would give me
a better chance of surviving when a car eventually does
smack me in the rear, but it might.
--Winston

I doubt if there is any bolt-on bicycle accessory that will do much to
improve survivability in the event of a rear end collision with an
automobile. However, I've considered attaching a few paint balls to
the rear fender or bike rack to mark the vehicle that hits me. At
least the perpetrator and the exact location of the collision will be
easily identifiable.
http://www.paintballimpact.com/special-effects/booby-traps.html
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/paintballcomposition.html

--