Old June 14th 11, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Where is the Attempted Murder Charge?

On Jun 14, 3:16*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:

NOBODY who has caused any doubt to be raised over their ability to use
a motor vehicle safely should be allowed further use. *End of story.

Absolutely.

Freedom of association and freedom to travel are rights. But even
they can be revoked (via imprisonment) when a person is convicted of a
crime.

Freedom to operate a motor vehicle is a privilege. There should be a
much lower standard for its revocation.

If people knew that these were the consequences of an "accident"
they'd take the necessary care to avoid them.

Correct. The current "I might scratch my paint job" would be replaced
by "I might never drive again." It would make a huge - and
appropriate - difference.

- Frank Krygowski